7/03/2016

응답하라 1988 | Reply 1988

It's been a long time since the last time I watched Korean Drama. I think the last time when I was in high school and I don't even remember which drama that I watched. Perhaps it was Personal taste? Hahaha
I personally avoid myself to watch k-dramas because every time I watched them I just get toooo attached and delusional for a long time. So I decided not to go into it. I know k-drama would not be good for myself somehow you know how it could be so addictive.

In January, I met some high school friends and all of them except me talked a lot about k-drama. I was being a good listener back then. They talked about the drama they were watching: Reply 1988.

"you should try to watch it!"
"this is a good one, you will like it."
"it's about family and friendship."

And at the night I tried to watch it and I found myself bored after 25 minutes. So I decided to stop watching.

and... tada!

Since this is holiday, I have lots of free time and I have nothing to do (actually I have some but I don't want to do it) I jumped to k-drama. It's Reply 1988 (or Answer Me 1988).



And.
Yes.
I like it.
So much.
Much.
MUCH.
THAT MUCH.

See? How I get attached to things easily.

It's all about family, friendship, and (of course) romance. The series tell us about the neighborhood life and friendship of Duk Seon, Sun Woo, Dong Ryong, Jung Hwan, and Choi Taek. And there is love blossoms among them.
I think the series don't make the love triangle between the three main character Duk Seon, Jung Hwan, and Choi Taek as the focus of the series since the series have lots of character and their (love, again?) stories. 

But when it comes to me, that love triangle become one of my favorite part. 
Duk Seon is a cheerful and lovely girl, has a very good character but can't stand with studying.
Jung Hwan is a cold guy who likes Duk Seon. He never tell anyone that he likes Duk Seon but he actually confessed it in front of Sun Woo, Dong Ryong, and Duk Seon but in the end Jung Hwan passed it off in a jest tough we know it was real. Duk Seon never knows how's Jung Hwan actually feels about her.
Choi Taek is an innocent guy, fragile, a baduk player, and he likes Duk Seon. 

At first I thought Duk Seon settled with Jung Hwan but in the end it's Taek. It's a bit confusing because the old Taek acts like Jung Hwan. But along the story I realize that the whole story of the series is shared in an interview which means the possibility comes to Taek regarding to his fame as a baduk player.



I actually wont care whom Duk Seon will be settled with, I just wonder how hard it would be to be Jung Hwan to hold those feelings for years with no one knowing it. Jung Hwan, I agree that one sided love seems hard. I feel a bit upset in the end because there's no story about Jung Hwan, even in the very last episode Jung Hwan shows up only in minutes and I don't know where's Jung Hwan after Bo Ra's wedding day. It's just unfair.



Both Jung Hwan and Taek are my favorite. Don't make me choose! Hahaha

Do I cry over this series? I do. But I don't cry over the romance parts, I cry over family scenes. To be frank, talking about family especially parents, always drives me sad. I cry over Duk Seon's father retirement day and Bo Ra and her father letter on Bo Ra's wedding day.

Over all, this is a beautiful and nostalgic series. Even it takes one and a half to two hours in each episode, my eyes never miss any glance from every pixel of my screen because it gives me a heart warming story about family and friendship.  I love the setting where it shows the 80's and early 90's. beside the story and the setting, there are my favorite soundtrack, here they are 박보람 (Park Boram) - 혜화동 (혹은 쌍문동) which plays in flashback scenes and 이적 - 걱정말아요 그대 (Lee Juck - Don't Worry) that plays in sad scenes.  Aigo, there's one other thing that I love in this series: the narratives! It gives lots of meaning.
A line indicates a limit, saying "that's as far as you get". To maintain that boundary means to maintain the same familiarity and it means that one will respect the universe that it outlines through abiding by its rules and maintaining the relationships existing in it as they are. This also means that if one were to never cross that line, one would never experience the world, rules, and relationships outside of the currently established boundaries. If one wishes for a new relationship, if one wish for love, one must cross the line.
You may watch this series if you have time.
Happy watching!
안녕히 계세요

P.S.
I keep telling myself not to watch other series because my eyes need to rest and I don't want to get addicted with korean drama.
Brace yourself 😂

1 comment:

  1. Drama Korea terbagus yg pernah gue tonton. Dan gak bosen. Mau nonton lagi rasanya!

    ReplyDelete